Friday 15 June 2012

My 52 Week Food Challenge

After heaps and heaps of reading of various blogs and online articles, my head is absolutely swimming with ideas to change my diet habits and to incorporate the nutrients my body craves, into my everyday life.

While the information is so vary vast, I need to set some real goals to implement the changes, especially if I want them to stick and become true habits and lifestyle changes to improve my health and that of my family.

Here is where the challenge comes in. While the 100 days of Real Food is a fantastic start for me, I want to incorporate fermented foods to get some of that great bacteria into my gut.

I need to do some real reading, and would like to read a few books to assist my journey. So in saying thus, I am giving myself 52 weeks to make the changes, a minimum of 1 change or new item to try or change, each week. Some things may take all week to create, such as sour dough bread, others may take more than a week to complete, such as making fermented saurkraut, but if I start it on one week, I can post it's progress throughout the weeks in between.

In the weeks, I'd like to explore parts of my city where I might be able to source the best organic and/or whole foods at reasonable prices. As I visit places, I will include the throughout the weeks, as I will probably only get to visit one new place per week. But I am hoping to have a great bunch of resources for myself and any friends, family or guests to be able to gleen from.

Week one starts tomorrow, Saturday June 15th, 2012. Let's see what adventures we can find along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment